Monday, February 13, 2012
What Employers are Saying about New Grads
Some of what the executives have to say:
- 65% say new college grads applying for jobs with their company are only "somewhat" prepared for success in business
- 40% say new college grads are “not prepared at all.”
- 47% believe that only 21% of new grads have the skills they'll need to advance past entry-level jobs
What are the job skills they believe new grads need to advance past entry-level jobs?
- 49% said problem-solving skills
- 43% said collaboration skill
- 36% identified critical thinking skills
- 31% identified the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in writing
Do you have these skills and if you don't what are you doing to develop them?
Read the complete article here - Executives to New Grads: Shape Up!
Posted by The HBCU Career Center at 2/13/2012 06:00:00 AM